Thank you, Laura Scarbro and all contributors, for assembling and maintaining this list of
recommendations from messages posted on the
discussion group and private messages to the webmaster.
Listing of some of the restaurants in immediately adjoining towns except of course
our very own 'Ferns'.
- Amici's - Italian, in Summer street strip mall in Chelmsford. Small, casual
seating area. Sandwiches, Salads, Wraps, Pasta, Pizza, Entrees.
- Bamboo - Chinese & Japanese food. Great lunch and Sunday night buffet with
both types of food. On Rt 110 in Westford (At junction of 225 and 110, turn right).
- Bertucci's - In Chelmsford near Chelmsford square on 110. Very crowded.
- Brothers Pizza - After trying many pizza places, we like this one best. In
Summer street strip mall in Chelmsford. Pizzas, Calzones, Subs.
- Cafe Ziba - Coffee shop and some baked goods.
At intersection of Great Road (Rt. 2A) / Rt. 27.
- Cafe Luigi, Italian food in same shopping plaza as Whole Foods in Bedford.
- Chang An - (Concord, near the Depot) Its daily buffet is low-priced and delicious
- Chili's - In Westford on 110. Also an Applebee's near it.
- Colonial Inn - Nice sit-down
place for breakfast or lunch. We've never eaten dinner there.
- Concord Teacakes - West Concord. Great
bakery but also have sandwiches,fruit salads in the refrigerators. Very little room to sit down.
In West Concord (59 Commonwealth Ave). Also do catering.
- CrossRoads Cafe - Lunch/Dinner casual. Large selection of food. Crowded on
Weekend nights. On Great Road in Acton.
- Dalya's - Fancy lunch and dinner place. Chef came from
somewhere in Boston. Their Long Island duck is terrific. In Bedford.
- Ferns - Cold cuts and new sandwich menu. Center of Carlisle.
- Flatbread Company, Bedford, near MITRE -
pizza baked in a primitive wood fired oven, really great organic salads
- Fujiyama - Small Japanese restaurant in Bedford on main road by common.
- Garlic Bistro - Thai food at Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford.
- Great Wall - Chinese restaurant in Bedford. Decent
Chinese buffet. In Bedford shopping mall with Stop-n-Shop.
- Ichabod's Coffee House & Eatery - Coffee shop, baked goods, breakfasts,
sandwiches. On Great Road in Acton.
- India Palace - Westford strip mall on 110. We've only ordered take out.
- The Java Room - Soups, salads, wraps,
pastry, desserts and terrific coffee and tea. Located in Chelmsford at Ginger Ale Plaza next to Bertucci's.
- La Provence in Concord across from the Depot. A little
bit of France in an atmosphere filled with the warm colors of Provence.
- Le Lyonnais, Rt. 2A in Acton, MA - online review
- Lemon Tree - Thai food in same shopping plaza
as Whole Foods in Bedford.
- Lester's Roadside Bar-b-que. Rte 3A/Rte 62 in Burlington, MA Good smoky barbecue, and their chicken is particularly good. Their side dishes are
- "Mangia Mangia" Italian Kitchen,
located in historic Billerica Center at 430 Boston Road (Rt 3A)
- Max Steins - used to be The Hartwell
House on the Bedford line on Hartwell Ave, Lexington. It is owned by the same outfit that runs the
Capital Grill in Boston and Chestnut Hill. It's been remodeled and is super nice inside. Kinda upscale.
- Nashoba Brook Bakery - West Concord.
They have sandwiches, soup, some other hot dishes, baked goods.
- Not Your Average Joe's - Acton, Lexington
Omega Pizzeria & Grille - Dinners, Pizza, Calzone, Sandwiches, Beer & Wine, comfortable booths, nice experience. Check the specials. Just over Carlisle/Chelmsford line on Lowell Street.
- O'Naturals - Salads, Sandwiches, noodle dishes. Cook flat
bread in ovens. On Great Road (Rte 2A) Acton, located in shopping center with Trader Joe's and Staples.
- Papa Razzi, Guests are first greeted with
ever-popular freshly-baked focaccia and grissini, then offered items ranging from the lighter
Cavatappi Affumicati to the more substantial Filetto Balsamico. Elm Street, Concord, just off Rt 2,
east of the prison rotary.
- Paul's Diner On Carlisle Road on the right just before the light at 110 in Westford is
great for breakfast.
- Riverview - a major breakfast spot for Carlisle folk! The breakfasts are excellent and the
comradery... especially is wonderful., on Sat. and Sun. mornings, Rt. 4 Billerica at the Concord River.
- Sakura - Japanese food in Summer street strip mall in Chelmsford.
- Thai Jasmine - Westford strip mall on 110. Have only ordered take-out.
- Vincenzo's - Good, upscale Italian food. Right over the border in
Chelmsford as you head north out of Carlisle.
- Willow Book Store - Small
coffee/bakery place inside bookstore. Located on Great Road (Rte 2A) Acton, in strip mall (green sign)
between intersection of 27 and Strawberry Hill.
A little further afield.
- Gilbert Hill Grill, Rt 119, Rt 40 in Groton, MA
- Lester's Roadside Bar-B-Q. Rte 3A/Rte 62 in Burlington, MA Good smoky barbecue, and their
chicken is particularly good. Their side dishes are good, too.
- Mambo Grille - Mexican food, Lowell. Small, casual seating.
- Nancy's Airfield Cafe - A ways away, but a good place for an interesting
breakfast, brunch or lunch. Located at the Minute Man Airfield in Stow. If
going Mother's or Father's Day, you can make reservations.
- Sierra's Mexican Restaurant, Sudbury, MA
- Viet-Thai, Lowell across from City Hall. Their selection is extensive. The servings are large.
And the prices are downright cheap. And, most importantly, their sweet and sour soup is to “die for”!
- Yangtze River, Chinese restaurant in
Lexington and Littleton, decent buffet, or from the menu, try the Crispy Shrimp house special.
Please note: the
image indicates a new list entry, not neccessarily a new establishment
Thomas J. Raftery